Your exchange is over and now you would like to leave a review? Do remember: you only have 40 days to leave a review!
Please note that the review allows you to express gratitude for both your host's hospitality and your guest's visit, as well as share your experiences in both cases. If you are disappointed, do not hesitate to contact us and we will be happy to assist you in writing an objective comment.
Steps to follow to leave a review:
1. Go to the section of finalized exchanges and open the conversation corresponding to the exchange you want to review.
2. Click on the "Rate this exchange" button that you will find in the bottom right corner of the conversation.
3. A new page will open where you can review your exchange according to 3 different criteria, depending on whether you are reviewing your experience with your guest or with your host.
What are the criteria for my review?
As a guest, you can review your experience in the following categories:
- Communication: In this section, you can review whether the communication with your exchange partner has been smooth, quick, and easy.
- Accurate home description: In this section, you can review if the accommodation you stayed in accurately matches the photos and description provided in the listing.
- Cleanliness: In this section, you can review whether the overall condition, orderliness, and cleanliness of the home were suitable for receiving guests.
As a host, you can review your experience in the following categories:
- Trustworthiness: In this section, you can review if the guest is a responsible person who follows the established guidelines for the exchange and someone you can trust.
- Politeness: In this section, you can review if the guest is a polite person who behaves respectfully and considerately towards others.
- Cleanliness: In this section, you can review if the home was left in an appropriate overall condition, orderliness, and cleanliness after the exchange.
In each category, you can review from least (1 star) to most (5 stars). What is the meaning of each star in the evaluations?
4. Remember to click on the "Send my Review" in the lower right hand corner to save your review.
Note: For the first comment "Please leave a comment about this exchange", your review will be posted on the profile of the host/guest. For the second comment, "What would you say to your friends about HomeExchange?" is sent directly to HomeExchange as a feedback to help us improve our services.
What are the differences in reviews between reciprocal and non-reciprocal exchanges?
- In a non-reciprocal exchange: You have up to 40 days from the last day of your stay to rate and review your experience. Your review will not be public until your host/guest has also reviewed the exchange. If the other party does not leave a review, your comment will be public from day 41.
- In a reciprocal exchange: It works exactly the same as in a non-reciprocal exchange. However, in the case of a non-simultaneous reciprocal exchange, the 40 days to rate and review the exchange will start at the end of the second stay.
How do I rate an exchange from the app?
If you are using our app, click here.